Our guide to the essential skin care you need, based on your skin type
It is essential to first determine your type of skin, when building your skin care regime, if you want to achieve the best results from your products. Similarly, buying targeted products to your unique skin concerns can drastically improve how you feel about your products. Without identifying this, it can be almost impossible to choose the right products for your skin! Hydration is the key to healthy, balanced skin. Whether your skin is dry, oily, combination, sensitive or even normal you need a moisturiser for your skin. Dry, dehydrated skin equals earlier signs of ageing, so get moisturising!
No matter your skin type it is also imperative that you have a good nourishing daily cleansing routine. An excellent combination is the Faebey Clean Boost Cleansing Lotion followed by the application of Faebey Perfect T-On Facial Toner.
Faebey was founded on the principle of “facile beauty”. “Facile”, synonymous to simple, light, effortless, smooth, proves that beauty does not have to be demanding or difficult. We believe that skincare should be easily applicable and easily accessible, providing simplicity in your daily routine.
This includes anyone with a combination of excess oil, acne, and sensitivity issues. Even with oily skin, it’s still important to include a moisturiser in your routine, as oily skin can still lack hydration.
- Pink Shield Cream: The fusion of Retinol with Canine Rose will also help to even out the skin tone as well as minimise pores and tone the complexion. This natural moisturising cream will visibly improve the condition of the skin leaving it looking fresh and healthy. Its silky and light texture is perfect for all skin types.
- Go Away Serum: Concentrated serum has exfoliating and moisturising actions that improves the luminosity of the skin, promotes cell renewal, and has an important purifying action. It removes dead cells and helps to diminish the depth of small wrinkles. The combination of glycolic acid, AHA’s and salicylic acid also promotes the reduction of marks on the skin providing with its continued use, a much smoother, brighter, and more mattified skin.
- Mighty Guard Serum: Illuminating serum has a high antioxidant power that helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and assists in delaying the skin ageing process. It’s gentle exfoliating action helps to remove dead cells, fights hyperpigmentation and refines skin texture.
If some parts of your face feel dry, while the other parts are oily, you most likely have combination skin. Luckily, combination skin usually isn’t oily enough for excessive breakouts, or dry enough for an intense cream.
- Freshly Smooth Cream: Packed with high moisturising factors due to the inclusion of Hyaluronic Acid in its formulation. This key ingredient is partnered with Matrixyl, a peptide known as “the elixir of eternal youth”, which helps to firm the skin and reduces the signs of ageing. This is all made possible as it promotes the production of collagen and elastin, helping the skin to maintain its firmness.
- Forever Young Serum: Resveratrol, known as the molecule of “eternal youth”, is a great ally when it comes to fighting the signs of ageing and delaying the skin ageing process. Resveratrol provides firmness and elasticity to the skin and is a natural anti-wrinkle agent.
Dry or Sensitive Skin
If you have dry skin, nine times out of ten, you’re also dehydrated. Symptoms of dry skin include tight, itchy, and even chapped skin that can appear dull. With less natural oil, it is imperative to use a heavier formula that actively replenishes the lack of hydration.
- Flash Fix Serum: Provides an important depigmenting, firming, antioxidant, and rejuvenating effect on the skin. Its fast-absorbing formula helps to combat the appearance of dull skin by increasing its brightness and luminosity due to the combination of its active ingredients.
- Skin Drink Serum: Formulated with Hyaluronic Acid, a highly moisturising and anti-ageing active, of low and high molecular weight, it absorbs and retains water inside the skin. Together with Matrixyl, a peptide known as “the elixir of eternal youth”, it helps to reduce the signs of skin ageing as it promotes the production of collagen and elastin in the skin.
- Glow Maker Cream: It delivers the active ingredients quicker and deeper into the skin for faster, more visible results. Vitamin C is absorbed into the skin quickly to diminish dark spots and to fight hyperpigmentation. Vitamin C is partnered with Argan Oil which hydrates and visibly firms the skin for a radiant, glowing complexion.
By Chloe Marsh